31 DIY Ways To Make Your Backyard Awesome This Summer
While you’re impatiently waiting for summer to just GET HERE already, start planning your outdoor space.
1. Set up a movie theater.
2. Plant a bunch of these giant allium flowers.
3. Build a super-simple tree house.
4. Add a beer cooler to your patio table.
5. Drill holes in your fence and fill with marbles.
6. Turn an old bunk bed into a stargazing loft retreat.
7. Make a giant Scrabble set.
8. Build a fire pit.
Here’s a very cool personal fire pit you can make for less than $25.
Perfect for s’mores night.
9. Build a giant hammock swing.
10. Light up some wine bottle tiki torches for a nighttime party.
11. Build a backyard beach.
12. Sprout a sofa.
13. Go camping in your own backyard.
Turn the tent into a pillow-filled reading nook.
14. Replace the diving board with a trampoline.
15. Build a teepee.
16. Make these simple tables out of $30 whiskey barrels.
17. Upcycle tires to make a jungle gym.
18. Build a simple gazebo.
20. Make an outdoor shower by connecting a hose.
21. Make a simple canopy by stringing a rope between two trees and hanging sheets off of it.
22. Build a backyard pizza oven.
23. Construct this simple bar for outside entertaining.
24. Build a stove for an outdoor kitchen with this Ikea hack.
25. Put in a porch bed.
26. Spray-paint a lawn Twister game.
27. Fashion an amazing set of speakers using wooden salad bowls.
28. A wooden pallet sectional is easy to put together and provides lots of extra seating for outdoor parties.
29. Create an outdoor art haven by mounting a giant chalkboard against the fence.
30. Build a small outdoor greenhouse out of reclaimed storm windows.
31. Make little hideouts of hula hoops and shower curtains.